We strive to make your visits with us as comfortable and pleasant as possible by creating a warm and caring environment. We strongly believe that our patients’ comfort is an important part of quality dental care. We are here to listen to your questions and concerns and to help provide solutions leading to your better health. Please don’t hesitate to call or e-mail us if you have any questions regarding your care.
Dr. Altschuler is a specialist in Periodontics and Implantology. Gary I. Altschuler received his Bachelor of Science in Microbiology from the University of Florida. He graduated cum laude from Tufts University School of Dental Medicine and practiced as a general dentist for two years. He then received training in periodontics from the University of Alabama at Birmingham.
Qualifications and Honors
- Certified by The American Board of Periodontology
- Certified by the Board of Dentistry in Florida
- Member of the American Academy of Periodontics
- Member of the Southern Academy of Periodontics
- Member of the Florida Association of Periodontics
- Member of the International Congress of Oral Implantologists
- Served as a Clinical Instructor at Tufts University
- Served as a Visiting Assistant Professor at the University of Florida.
- Member of the American Dental Association
- Member of the Florida Dental Association
- Member of the Central District Dental Association
- Past-president of the Alachua County Dental Association
- President of the Florida Association of Periodontists (2013)
- President Central Florida District Dental Association (2014)
- Member of the Pierre Fauchard Academy
- Fellow of the American College of Dentists
Meet the Staff
We are proud of our staff, which is comprised of caring and dedicated professionals. They ensure that our patient’s surgical, post-surgical, preventive maintenance and administrative needs are met as efficiently and smoothly as possible.
We strive to make your visits with us as comfortable and pleasant as possible by creating a warm and caring environment. We strongly believe that our patients’ comfort is an important part of quality dental care.
Anita is our office manager. She has been been part of the practice since we first opened in 1994. Anita is a life member of the American Association of Dental Office Managers. She is knowledgeable regarding all the business aspects of our office and is able to help with even the most complicated questions you may have. “The care we provide here is excellent. I wouldn’t think of working anywhere else.”
Karla is a certified dental assistant who graduated from Santa Fe College. She is our implant coordinator and lead assistant and has been part our practice since 2001. Karla is very knowledgable about dental implants and is able to answer any of your questions regarding them. “I love the profession of dentistry and enjoy seeing our patients regain their health.”
Sharelis is a certified dental assistant who graduated from Santa Fe College. She is also bilingual which is helpful for many of our patients. She is very experienced with all aspects of our office and takes great care of our patients during treatment. “I love periodontics and can’t think of another profession I would rather be involved in.
Krista is a registered dental hygienist who graduated from Santa Fe College. She was the class vice president, nominated by her peers. She has been with our practice since 2001. Krista is devoted to her patients and concerned about maintaining their health. “I enjoy treating our patients and seeing them regain their smile and maintain their teeth.”
Lisa is a registered dental hygienist who graduated from Santa Fe College. She is a warm, caring person who enjoys tending to her patients dental needs. “I really love seeing our patients dental health improve with treatment and seeing how happy and comfortable they become.”