Our practice is committed to bringing the safest and highest quality of care to our patients. The installation of our new digital x-ray system continues that commitment. Our state-of-the-art system enables us to provide greatly improved diagnostic capabilities to our patients while significantly lessening their exposure to radiation by up to 80 percent over film x-rays. We know this will be very important to many.
While traditional film x-rays have been the standard for diagnosing dental problems for the past 90 years, digital x-rays offer substantial benefits over film. Our patients find it is more comfortable than film, and it’s a real time-saver over the previous technology.
Benefits of Digital X-Rays
- Saves Time: Images are available instantly on a computer screen because there is no film to develop.
- Enhances Diagnosis: Images can be enlarged and manipulated on screen to help dentists see abnormalities more clearly and earlier than possible with traditional film.
- Reduces X-Ray Exposure: You are exposed to 40 to 60 percent less radiation when compared with traditional x-rays using Ektaspeed film.
- Enhances Patient Understanding: Problems and treatments are easier to understand because you can visualize them.
- Eliminates Bio-Hazardous Chemicals: Darkroom and developing chemicals are no longer needed creating a safer treatment environment for everyone